Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 1, 2020 at 4:21 am

The question is not wether Jesus is speaking. The question is are we listening, hearing, and abiding. If you believe in Him and have been born again as one of His sheep, He lives inside you in the person of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is always speaking either directly to us, through the Words of Jesus (scripture), and through other believers. The problem is we are not always listening or hearing and even worse we are not abiding by what we hear when we do listen and hear.

I love the idea of a listening post. I have a listening chair. I go there every morning and read His Words; I reflect (pray) about what I hear; and then I write it down (record it) so that maybe I will actually abide by what I hear. One of my favorite sayings is, “so let it be written, so let it be done.” I also have a band of brothers and sisters that I can share it with and receive wise counsel.

As far as what He is saying to me, that would take more time than I have here. Suffice it to say that He is telling me to Deny myself; pick up my cross; and follow Him.