Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 2, 2020 at 7:14 am

Today’s Text and reflection is one of those moments when God is speaking to me and perhaps to some of you. There comes a time in every Christ Follower’s life where we must retreat in order to move forward and when we must surrender in order to win. This is indeed a hard lesson and it goes against everything the World teaches us.

I believe Jesus retreated in order to prepare himself for what lay ahead. Retreat can be a time to refresh, to recharge, and to renew, but it is more than that. It can be a time for self reflection, repentance and surrender, to cease your striving and straining against the goad.

I believe that I am experiencing one of those times in my life. I am very frustrated with the way things are, which sometimes results in outbursts of anger. While I am really too blessed to be depressed, I still struggle and strain against things that are really out of my control. I am at war with the status quo in the world and the church and the direction they both are taking. I know how it all ends and who wins, but I persist in trying to change what is happening now and I am very frustrated that all my efforts are failing.

A pastor friend and brother in Christ pointed this out to me as recently as yesterday. I need to retreat! I need to pray and repent in order to realize the revival and change I seek. My next steps will grow out of this act of retreat and surrender.