Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 14, 2020 at 6:07 am

Given current events, I could go in a lot of different directions, especially as it relates to people pleasing politicians who really don’t care about the people they are trying to please or appease, they are just trying to get their vote so they can have the power to control things in support of their own interests. I won’t go there. Instead, my reflections will focus on my pleasing people versus pleasing God.

I am an off the chart people pleaser! I like to think my motive is pure, I want everybody to be happy and I like harmony. I would also like to think my motivation comes from a profound love of others, but I am not sure about that Alexa. My desire to pleases others compels me to be a problem solver and a fixer. I have learned the hard way that I can’t always solve everyone’s problems or meet their needs, and I certainly cannot fix anybody else or myself for that matter, only God can do that. I find this very frustrating.

I know the answer is to trust God, but I have to really discipline myself in order to do it. Our goal is to please God and our “aim is to be true to God” not man. I am learning to seek Him first before I seek to please others, and to fear Him more than fearing that I will displease others.

As far as people pleasing leaders is concerned, my answer to that is way beyond the scope of this space. I will simply say that we should stop electing, appointing, and rewarding them. We need to support Godly leaders who will stand up for God and His Word and do what is right in God’s sight rather than what pleases the masses and special interests.

Finally, I can’t resist saying that in the elections coming up that choice should be crystal clear for all Christ followers, but the sad reality is that it is not. I am baffled and confused by that reality and I find it very troubling and concerning. I can only conclude that it is born out of hard heartedness and a falling away that has blinded many in the Church. God help us!