Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 20, 2020 at 6:08 am

I have always thought of this text as past, present, and future. Jesus was, He is, and He is to come. He is also the only way to have God’s Kingdom and Will on earth as it is in Heaven. No one comes to the Father or into His Kingdom or goes to Heaven except by Jesus Christ.

As far as being seated with Him in the heavenly realms, I have always thought of that as a future event that occurs when I die or the church is raptured. I can accept what JD is proposing in a spiritual sense. We are in the world, but not of the world, so spiritually we are one with Christ and therefore we are both present on earth and in Heaven.

This way of understanding helps us realize the importance of our role on earth and in Heaven. On earth we are the presence of Christ, His Ambassadors. This is why it is so important that we conform to His mind and become like Him for the sake of others. We are the only Christ they see. In Heaven, we reign with Him and we will come back to earth with Him to rule over the world as God intended when He created us. Lord let it be so!