Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 22, 2020 at 6:01 am

Jesus’s promise that He will not only be with us, but that He will actually live in us is definitely a revolutionary concept and it makes all the difference in the world. I think most of us would say that we want a deeper experience of Christ in us, but are not sure what that would mean or look like. For me it would mean producing more fruit of the Spirit. The only way for Jesus to know my desire is for me to ask Him for it, which I do on a regular basis.

As far as how I know He lives in me, it is because He speaks to me. His presence is undeniable and unavoidable. He is there admonishing me, comforting me, and teaching me wether I want Him to or not. My issue is listening, trusting, and obeying what He says. The only way I know to nourish and increase His presence in me is to surrender more of myself to Him. That’s a daily struggle for me and sometimes I feel that I take one step forward and two steps backwards, but I take heart in the fact that I am still in the dance and He has promised to never leave or forsake me.