Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 30, 2020 at 4:30 am

This is a harsh and timely text worthy of our reflection and consideration. One reason we are not persecuted in America, is that we live in a country founded on religious freedom and by people fleeing religious persecution. That is being threatened by the mainstream culture and the radical left wing of the Democratic Party. If they win next week, prepare yourself for a loss of religious freedoms and persecution.

Another reason why we are not being persecuted is that as a whole our faith and practice is so anemic it is not perceived as a threat. We have lost our saltiness. Christians are no different from non-believers in terms of belief or behavior. We have blended into the mainstream culture and we have bent God’s Word to make us compatible all in the name of love and tolerance.

I don’t know where JD is going with the persecution of Christians in other countries. Jesus’s message is one of warning and preparation, but I don’t think He wants us to accept or tolerate persecution just because it is inevitable. I for one will stand up and fight, give me liberty or give me death.

The larger question is what do we do to prepare? I believe the scriptures tells us to be sober (awake) and to be ready. We need to keep our lamps full of oil (Holy Spirit) and our wicks trimmed (disciplined). And if you don’t know Him now you better get to know Him before you need Him. Lord have mercy upon us!