Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

October 31, 2020 at 6:51 am

Jesus the Son of God is definitely enough in my mind. He is Lord, Savior, and King. All authority on earth and in Heaven has been given to Him by God the Father. However, without God the Holy Spirit living inside me, I can not fully know Jesus. This is why it was good for Jesus to leave us and return to the Father in Heaven. Any awakening in us or others will only come through releasing the Holy Spirit/Jesus that lives within us.

As far as why we don’t do that and what holds us back from a greater knowing, I wish I knew for sure. Unfortunately, in some cases it is because we don’t have what we think we have. We are like the believers in Acts who had never heard about the Holy Spirit. We say we believe in Jesus, but the Holy Spirit is not within us. We have a religion (a form Godliness) without the power of a relationship with God (2 Timothy 3:5).

I know I have Jesus/The Holy Spirit living inside me because I bear the benefits and the fruit of that relationship. The only thing that holds me back is me. I get distracted by the things of the world and sin, and I am too busy with other things to listen and obey. That is why I am so adamant about the practice of the spiritual disciplines. I also believe we can get distracted by the Church and church work. I know devote Christians that will sacrifice relationships for church attendance. For there to be a Great Awakening, we have to put Jesus first and release control to the Holy Spirit that lives in us. Lord let it be so with me!