Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 5, 2020 at 4:19 am

Without reservation, I can say yes to all three questions for Today’s Daily Text. All I have is God’s and all He has is mine. I try to embrace that in my life of prayer, relationship with Him.

What is troubling me this morning is not this, but yesterday’s Daily Text that for whatever reason was not available until later in the day. I see a parallel between the election results and this text and JD’s reflection. Jesus prays saying, the hour has come for Him to give us eternal life, “Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” Eternal life is not a future event it is a current reality, that we know God and Jesus Christ.

JD goes on to say that there are only two realities, “we are either asleep in the middle or awake in the HOUR.” As I try to make sense of an apparent win for the radical left wing Democratic Party, although as of this hour that is not yet the case, I am struck by this proclamation. It occurs to me, and this may offend some, that the reason this happened is that Christians either did not vote or they voted for Democrats. The only other explanation is that there was voter fraud, which I doubt.

All through this process, I have been trying to figure out how a Christ Follower could possibly vote for Biden/Harris and the left wing democratic platform. I have said that they are either blinded by hatred of Trump, as the Jews were in Jesus’s time on earth, stupid or both. That is a bit harsh even for me. This text and JD’s proclamation help me see that they are asleep. They are stuck in the muddy middle between knowing about God and Jesus and knowing God and Jesus. Those who are awake in the Hour, can see what is happening and have voted accordingly. If this is true, we have a lot of work to do before Jesus comes again. We need to be agents of a Great Awakening! I welcome your push back and your thoughts on this matter.