Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 7, 2020 at 7:02 am

Love over unity, That’s not the message I get from today’s text. It is both in my view. The ultimate expression of love is unity as in the relationship between a man and a woman in the Holy Institution of marriage. As in the relationship between God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

It really is all about relationships and that is our mission/purpose. We were created in relationship for relationship. The type of relationships we seek are ones where there is both love and unity. This does not mean unanimity or sameness or even agreement. Jesus is praying that we have the same relationship He has with the Father and the Holy Spirit. Each person in the relationship is unique and has their own identity, but they are of one mind and one spirit.

I have been supernaturally blessed to have had two marriages that were/are Holy unions, where we are truly one in Christ. I have also been blessed to have had small bands of brothers over the years that are in this type of relationship with me. We are in “banded discipleship” loving, learning and leading together. The life we live in Christ is not a solo journey. We need relationships where there is love and unity. If you are not in one of these type relationships, you are missing the joy of your salvation in my experience.