Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 8, 2020 at 6:43 am

Unity comes from union. Union does not come from unity. If that is true, and I believe it is, then what is union if it is not unity? Union is being one in Christ. Actually, Jesus prays that God’s love and He will be in us. That’s why Paul says, “Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27). So, unity is the result of knowing God, having His love and His son living in you (Grace and Truth). Therefore, unity is a product of being born again.

If this is the case, then why are we so divided? JD says correctly, in my view, that Grace and Truth are one thing, two sides of the same coin. If we have Grace and Truth living in us in union, then why do we not have unity? Could it be that we don’t have both of them living inside us or that we have chosen one over the other. JD states that, “The strategy of false teaching is to compromise the truth in the name of love (which is not love) in order to maintain a unity (which is not unity).” Is that what we are doing in our country? Is that what we are doing in the Church? I think so, what do you think?