Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 10, 2020 at 6:59 am

This is a hard teaching for me, especially now when I feel it is so important for “friends of Jesus” to stand up to the forces of evil in America. I am struggling with what it means to “share in His sufferings and to become like Him in His death” in today’s context. Do we just sit back and let them have their way in the name of Grace and love as many have suggested? Just suffer and die as Jesus did on the Cross?

Here is what I think. First, I fully understand that Jesus does not need me to stand up or defend Him. This is a spiritual battle that He has already won with His resurrection and I know I will share in His resurrection. However, I think Jesus expects and commands us to stand up and fight for His Gospel of Grace and Truth. We live in the post resurrection age of the Church and before His second coming, as ministers of God’s reconciliation and ambassadors for Christ. Jesus expects His Body, His Friends, to be salt and light and to shine His light on evil in the world until He returns. We know what is required, Act justly, Love Kindness, and walk humbly with God (Micah 6:8).

That does not mean we attack or dehumanize those who are being misled by evil as tempting as that may be. We pray for them and love them, and we hate the evil that has overcome them. What it means is that we as Jesus’s Friends pray, repent, vote, and leave the results up to God. So my fellow friends, praise God and pass the ammunition (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHUFiG1YBwc).