Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 13, 2020 at 7:10 am

First, I hope everyone took the time to click on the link to the Seedbed article, “Everybody wants to be on the right side of history.” It will help you put today’s text and Pilate’s question of “what is truth” in today’s context of the “progressive meme” or “wokeness” versus the Truth. That is really what the election is about.

The progressive meme or the court of widespread public opinion is that traditionalist or in today’s language conservative evangelical Christians will wake up one day on the wrong side of history because of their belief in scripture as Truth (sola scripture). This view comes from mostly enlightened “white western cultures with an emphasis on Hollywood and academia.” I would add to this list the mainstream media, the ruling elite (deep state), Wallstreet, and high tech social media companies.

Secondly in my worldview, Truth is an absolute that does not change with the latest fad or with the ever changing court of widespread public opinion. Despite what progressives think, truth is not relative. God’s Truth is the same for everyone, yesterday, today, and tomorrow. To believe otherwise is to build your house on sinking/shifting sand.

So what is truth? Truth is Jesus Christ, the living word of God. Jesus alone is the way and the truth (John 14:6). The only way to be on the right side of history is to be in Christ and for Christ to be in you.