Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 22, 2020 at 6:01 am

I can only imagine what it would have been like to stand before Jesus and hear Him say, “receive the Holy Spirit.” The Presence of the Holy Spirit is something I have experienced and know to be real. It is overwhelming at times and very subtle at other times. It is not something I control or turn on and off. However, It is a presence that I can surrender and yield to or not.

In my experience, the Holy Spirit operates very much like an oxygen tank. Many times it is when I am short of breath or in a panic that He shows up with a fresh breath of air that gives me renewed life and strength to keep on keeping on. I experience Him most when I am at the end of my abilities (out of breath) and surrendered. This often happens when I pray or try to serve Him.

It also happens when I am yielded and still like right now. I am not out of breath, but I am open to receiving His breath. It occurs to me that this is what it means to be Spirit led and not led by the flesh. The false breath is our breath. If we try to live on our own breath, it is not sufficient. If we receive the breath of life Jesus gives us, we can do all things. We need to breath in deeply the Holy Spirit all the time and not carry Him around like an oxygen tank that we only call on when we need Him. Lord let it be so with me!