Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

November 29, 2020 at 6:45 am

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone and we have finished our study of John. Today is the first day of Advent, the beginning of the Christian Calendar and our celebration of Christmas, the birth of Jesus. Now is the time to put out Christmas decorations, although some just can’t wait, which takes away from Thanksgiving in my opinion, but I digress.

I am excited about our new study, Advent a season of Great Awakening. There have actually been four Great Awakenings in America by some people’s count. A Great Awakening is defined as a period of religious revival. Each one has also been accompanied by a corresponding change in social and political views. Lord knows we need revival and social and political change in America.

This Advent will be different for me in precisely the terms JD used to introduce this new study. I will try to focus my attention on Jesus’s birth (1st Advent), but my eye will be on His 2nd Advent (coming). I believe current events make us ripe for another Great Awakening and that we are much closer to His return than many think.