Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 4, 2020 at 6:25 am

Wow is right, who would not want to live in a world like this, but for now we don’t. If you ignore that reality you will get bit. I firmly believe in the idealism of “Biblical realism.” I look forward to the second coming of Jesus, but Jesus himself says no one except the Father knows when that day and hour will be (Matthew 24:36). Our current reality is that we live in a broken world that is only going to get worse until Jesus comes again. I guess that makes me by definition a cynic, “one who believes that human conduct is motivated wholly by self-interest.”

For me the question is, what do we as Christ Followers and believers in Biblical Realism, and a better world, do until He comes again? Do we just isolate ourselves in our Holy Bubbles and wait for His return and a better world. In my mind, to do so is to deny His first coming. He has already come and is here, so why is the world not a better place? Is it because we are not doing our job as the Church, His Body on earth? Do we blame it on the Republicans and Democrats both of whom are motivated by self-interests?

No, in my view what we do is worship in Word and Spirit until He comes again wether that is today or a thousand years from now. JD is right, “only the therapy of Word and Spirit can cure the soul’s cancer of cynicism.” If I am right, what does it mean to worship in Word and Spirit? The answer to that question could fill volumes. For me, worship is service and presenting ourselves as living sacrifices (Romans 12:1-2). To worship in Word and Spirit is to know Him and make Him known through the power of the Holy Spirit that lives in us. It is to listen to what He says and to do it. Lord may it be so with me!