Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 6, 2020 at 6:05 am

The reason we need a higher calendar is because it’s not all about us. Everything does not have to happen in our life time and according to our calendar. That’s not how God works. His ways are different from our ways, His thoughts are higher than ours, and His calendar is higher than ours. His calendar and His timing is for the salvation of the world, all of humanity, “Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation…The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”

If the higher calendar is about salvation and if God is at work in ever person in the world, what should our response be? First, we should “live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.” Second, we should speed its coming by making disciples of all nations. God is at work in every person we encounter (previenent Grace). If they are a believer, we need to help them grow and mature spiritually. If they are a non-believer, we should tell them about Jesus (that somebody who saved my soul). Lord let it be so with me!