Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 9, 2020 at 6:02 am

I am not much on games, but I value silence and a quiet time with the Lord in which I do not speak, but rather listen and hear. I agree with JD, “real noise is not from without but within. Silence is the outer reality of a space without sound. Quiet is the inner reality of a heart without noise.” I disagree that “Silence is not a prerequisite for quiet.” I would add to this that solitude is also a prerequisite. I need solitude and silence in order to quieten the noise from without and from within. My life scripture for this state is “Be still and know that I am God” (Isaiah 46:10).

The other verse that struck me is, “By the tender mercy of our God, the dawn from on high will break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.” Advent is a time of awakening, but what are we awakening to? What is the dawn (light) from on high saying? I am awakening to the reality of the darkness that surrounds us and wants to overtake us. Many of us are asleep when it comes to evil and the ways of darkness. The dawn from on high is telling me to wake up and wake others up before it’s too late. “Prepare the way of the Lord, make His paths straight” (Mark 1:3). What’s God and the dawn from on high awakening you to?