Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 17, 2020 at 6:16 am

I do not like waiting for anything. Waiting implies patience and I am by nature an impatient person. When God was handing out patience, I must have been too busy doing to receive it. I have chosen the spiritual fruit of patience as my New Year Repentance. Patience for me is definitely a fruit worthy of repentance.

Today’s text helps me get to the root cause of my impatience. It is more than just not liking to wait on anything or getting upset when somebody is late. It is about not being in control. I need to practice surrendering my life to God’s Will and Ways in everything. That’s the focus of my repentance.

I like the fact that waiting or surrender does not imply passive behavior. I don’t like to be inactive, but being still is also part of relinquishing control. Be still and wait on the Lord for instructions before acting. Psalm 46:10, “Be still and know that I am God,” and Isaiah 40:31, “Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary” are both encouraging and instructive. Lord let it be so with me!