Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 18, 2020 at 6:06 am

I needed this word and reflection for reasons I will not share here, but suffice it to say I spent a very anxious night worrying over something that is not all that important or disastrous. Then I awake to this Daily Text. What a great reminder of His presence and His love, “Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning” (Psalm 30:5).

I don’t think I was unaware of His presence last night. I just allowed the circumstance to get the upper hand. It took a reminder from His Word and Prayer (communication) with Him to restore my faith and for my Joy in all things to return. This has happened over and over again in my life, and what He has done before, He will do again. So why do I still have anxiety and sleepless nights. I wish it were not so, but maybe it is necessary in order for me to fully appreciate His power and grace that is sufficient for my every need.

By the way, I highly recommend that you actually spend some time doing the exercise JD proposed in Today’s Reflection. It is well worth the effort. “Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!”