Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 23, 2020 at 6:59 am

This is a different, but more accurate twist on “getting into the Christmas Spirit.” If the Holy Spirit is the Christmas Spirit then the Christmas Spirit lives within us and Jesus lives within in us as believers just as He did in Mary’s womb. So What if the Spirit is waiting on us to show up with Jesus may not be the best way to phrase the question. What if the world is waiting for us to show up with the Spirit and Jesus not just at Christmas, but every day?

As JD points out, the world is more receptive at this time of year than any other time. What an opportunity for us to show up carrying Jesus and the Spirit. How about in the check our lane, when you’re making that last minute purchase. How about showing up for that long lost relative or friend by calling them or healing a broken relationship. What about showing up with the Christmas Spirit for the neighborhood Grinch like Cindy-Lou. It’s not about me getting into the Christmas Spirit. It’s about me sharing the Christmas Spirit that lives within me for the sake of others. Lord let it be so with me!