Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 24, 2020 at 6:10 am

Where does your security come from? And how does this source reveal your insecurity? My security on earth comes from making good decisions and living responsibility. That means I pick my friends carefully and I don’t go or do things that could cause me harm like hanging out in bars and staying out after midnight, doing drugs, and engaging in sexual immorality. I try to eat and drink in moderation, exercise, work hard, have a reserve fund, avoid debt, and not spend money I don’t have. If these things were my only source of security, I would definitely be insecure because despite my best efforts these can all fail me.

As a Christ Follower, our ultimate security is in Christ Jesus. If I abide in him and obey His commandments nothing can separate me from His love and eternal life not even death, and no matter what happens here, He will work it out (Romans 8:28-39). I make good decisions and live responsibility by focusing on Him. My security blanket that covers all is in the Lion of Judah, the one who was, who is, and who is to come!