Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 29, 2020 at 5:33 am

“My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.” This verse and the reference to Romans 8:38-39 are strong scriptural sources of hope and promise. Nothing can separate us from God’s love, not even death and our help comes from “the Maker of Heaven and earth.” You can’t get much better than that! So, why do we still worry about our life and suffer from anxiety?

I wish I knew for sure. If I did, I would bottle it and sell it. But wait a minute, I think we do know why. We worry and suffer from anxiety because we are human and we live in a broken world. The only remedy is to trust (put our faith) in the Lord and His promises not in ourselves or the world. We can’t bottle it and sell it because it is freely available to all who believe it.

Now, I am well aware that there will be at least two different reactions to what I just said. One is that we know that and we don’t ever worry or suffer from anxiety because we trust in the Lord. The other is that we know that, but we still suffer from worry and anxiety. To the former I say, praise God, but be careful not to boast or take pride in your situation (pride begets a fall) and don’t look down on those who suffer from worry and anxiety. To the latter, I say I feel your pain. When you are worried or anxious draw nearer to the Lord and His Word and you will find peace and joy again. When you are worried or feel anxious read and meditate on His word until it passes. The book of Psalms is a good place to start. Lord may it be so with me!