Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

December 31, 2020 at 6:16 am

This text should lay to rest any objections to drums, guitars, and dancing in our worship services. I can well remember the first time these instruments were introduced into our worship service. We were told it was irreverent and sacrilegious. I never could understand how these same people could go crazy with the “tomahawk chop” at a braves game or yell woof, woof, go dogs, at a Georgia game, and remain silent and solemn while worshiping the God of the Universe. Thank God, that’s not the cases in most churches today. All forms of praise are generally accepted, but that’s not the point of this Psalm in my view.

As Dr. Tennent points out, “The psalm ends with the great cry, “Let everything that has breath praise the Lord” (v. 6). Let our voices, whether it be in a song of worship or when we are talking with our coworkers or friends, be voices that always give glory to God.” It amazes me how many can praise God with great passion on Sunday and remain silent about Him on Monday. Our praises should not be reserved for a worship service. We should sing, not literally, His praises everywhere we go. We should let our voices be heard in every context and situation, because “He alone is worthy of all our worship and praise. Hallelujah!” Lord let it be so with me!