Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 4, 2021 at 6:11 am

Well it appears that we will have both the daily text and the study available to us, but as a group we will focus on the study for the next 30 days. I intend to read both, but I will only comment on the study.

The analogy of being tethered by a rope and running in circles until we dig a rut is a good one for what we can experience in our spiritual growth journey. You may be saying I don’t feel that way, I am doing just fine thank you. If that’s the case, you may need to spend some time at the beginning of this study examining your walk to see how well it is aligned with what matters to God and His commandments.

If you are like me, you are fully aware of your shortcomings and you may even feel stuck in a rut that’s not going anywhere or your progress is painfully slow at times. Everything seems like vanity and blowing in the wind. The more things change, the more they stay the same. You take one step forward and two steps backwards. Regardless of where you are on the journey to spiritual maturity (being like Christ) there is always room for improvement. The greatest danger is to think that you have arrived. This leads to pride or ambivalence, which can lead to a fall.

Spend some time today answering Jesus’s question, “what is it that you desire?” Try to be specific. Name it, record it, and share it. I desire more patience in order to be more fruitful. What about you?