Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 18, 2021 at 6:27 am

I keep waiting for the author to reveal the silver bullet that will heal and transform me into a more Christ like person. I have followed all the steps and exercises to reveal the wounds and false convictions that drive the consistent bad behaviors in my life. I know that God is more powerful than our enemy and that He is a loving and forgiving God. I have repented confessed my sins to God and others, so why does this behavior persist?

One thought that I have had is that this keeps me humble. I am constantly aware and reminded of my shortcomings and my need for redemption and healing. The other thought is that I am already healed, but the outcome is yet to be revealed. Transformation is a long process not a single event or transaction.

The only silver bullet is the Holy Spirit. He will do in me what I can not do. God will work it all out if I stay in love with Him and seek to be about His purposes. I just have to believe this and trust that someday I will be conformed into the image of Christ. Satan does not want me to believe this, so he plants the false conviction of guilt and shame in my heart to rob me of the joy of my salvation, which produces the anger in me. Like King David I cry out, Lord create a clean heart in me; restore the joy of my salvation; do not withhold your Holy Spirit from me; and sustain me with a willing spirit (Psalm 51:10-13, NASB). In the meantime, I ask your forgiveness and forbearance for anytime my impatience or anger has been directed to you.