Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 22, 2021 at 4:50 am

Habitual sin is the topic of much false teaching, in my view. This is where we can lapse into living under the Law and legalism. It is the motivation for judgment and condemnation, and for a host of self help and external strategies to manage our behavior. I am so relieved that the author states that, “The solution is not external behavior management and modification, which only exhausts and frustrates us.“ The solution is to internally replace the “me God” with the Lord Jesus Christ as the Lord of your life and to abide in Him. If we do that, he has promised to set us free from the bondage and penalty of sin, even habitual sin, and to cleanse us of all unrighteousness from the inside out.

So how do we internally replace the “me God” with Christ? Our text reveals the answer, keep seeking the things above; set your mind on things above, not things that are on earth (Colossians 3:1-4). So how do we do that? Stay focused on Christ 24/7, begin and end your day with Him and His Word. Practice the Spiritual Disciplines and your mind will be conformed to the mind of Christ and your behavior will follow His lead. I know of no other way, but there is a hitch, it takes a lifetime to complete the process and it is not a solo journey. Don’t get discouraged by your progress, stay focused on your direction and your orientation; keep seeking Him; keep looking up; and find a band of brothers or sisters to walk with you and hold you accountable. If I can help you do that, please let me know.