Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 29, 2021 at 6:43 am

First, I am commenting here on reading 25, “The Three Key Works of the Holy Spirit.” We are actually on day 26, so I am one day behind, but so far no one else is commenting. Please let me know if you are still following this study and what lesson you are on.

The Holy Spirit is God the Father and God the Son living inside me. We receive the Holy Spirit when we accept Christ and are born again. I experience the Holy Spirit as the voice of God. He is the one I hear speaking to me and to whom I communicate. He is the one who comforts and assures me; convicts me of my sins; helps me discern the scriptures; reminds me of Jesus’s teachings; and guides my path and steps in the ways of God. He is also the source of my power for living out my faith and He equips me for my ministry.

I experience all three key works of the Holy Spirit, but it did not start out that way. As a young Christ Follower, I listened more to my emotions and feelings, and to others than I did to the Holy Spirit. That did not always turn out well. As I began to release the Holy Spirit and give Him control by surrendering and submitting to Him, I built a more intimate relationship with Him. I learned to hear His voice in the midst of all the others and all the distractions of everyday life.

The one thing that I did that helped me to experience the work of the Holy Spirit the most was to set aside a time and place to listen to Him every day. I do this before I do anything else. I read listening for His interpretation, I reflect and examen my character listening for his counsel, and I record my thoughts and actions listening for His guidance. It has become the Spiritual Rhythm of my life. If you don’t have an established Spiritual Rhythm and need help doing so, please let me know.