Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

January 31, 2021 at 8:21 am

Since it is the Sabbath I decided to get caught up on my reading and reflections. Today’s reading is very important. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ. Condemnation = bad, the work of Satan; Conviction = good, the work of the Holy Spirit. Conviction and transformation is the work of the Holy Spirit only.

As the author says, “Here, many well-meaning church folks can get in the way of God’s transformational work in a person’s life by deputizing themselves as junior holy spirits and convicting people of their sin (judging the person, not the sin). That is not our job or prerogative. I like the way Billy Graham put it, I am going to leave the judging up to God; conviction up to the Holy Spirit; and I am going to focus on loving God and others.

I hasten to say that this does not mean we make sin ok or condone it in the name of love. God has made known to us what sin is and just because we disagree with it or the Church and/or the government says it is ok does not make it right or no longer a sin. Love and Truth are two sides of the same coin.