Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 12, 2021 at 6:26 am

Fan or friend, this is an important distinction. There is a really good book by Kyle Idleman entitled “Not a Fan” that goes into greater detail on this distinction, if you interested in digging deeper into this subject.

I confess that I would like to be known and admired, but not famous. I want to be known for who I really am and respected or admired for being true to my identity. No false pretenses, no hidden agendas, no mask. I think that is what Jesus wants for Himself and for me.

I definitely want to have friends over fans. I always say, that I would rather have true friends than money. They are invaluable. I want to be a friend of Jesus, not just a fan. He is my King, my Savior, and my Lord, but He wants to be my friend, which is amazing and far more useful than just a fan.

As far as keeping Him a secret, I am not sure about that. I want to know Him and make Him known. If He specifically told me to not tell, I would try to obey, but I am afraid that I am hopelessly just “a nobody, trying to tell everybody, about somebody that saved my soul (Casting Crowns).