Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 13, 2021 at 6:06 am

I like JD’s analogy, “The Word of God is a language and anyone filled with the Spirit of God can be empowered by God to speak it fluently.” If we are going to fully be citizens of the Kingdom of God, we need to learn the language and speak it fluently. How do you learn a language?

You study it, you hear it spoken and you recite it over and over again until it becomes second nature. It also helps to have someone who is fluent in the language help you learn it. Did you catch the fact that “anyone filled with the Holy Spirit can be empowered by God to speak it fluently.” Once again being filled with the Holy Spirit is a prerequisite.

I would say that I am fairly fluent. I have read, studied, and meditated on the Word of God for so long that most of it is buried in my heart. The Holy Spirit helps me recall it when I need it. I have not memorized it chapter and verse, but I know it well enough to apply it to every situation and circumstance in my life. This did not happen by chance. I had to intentionally spend time learning this new language that has now become my first language. This is why I think daily reading is so important.