Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 15, 2021 at 6:30 am

I appreciate JD Walt’s reflections, but I sometimes find my self getting lost in all his poetic imagery (the thin veil of time is the Holy Spirit, poured out like liquid love). There are two things that jump out at me in today’s text. First, is the reality that the Kingdom of God is already here. It has come, but is yet to be completed because of God’s mercy for all those who are yet to come into the Kingdom before the door is shut. We are the Kingdom of God on earth and our purpose is to bring others into the Kingdom by making Disciples of Jesus Christ.

Secondly, is the command from God that says, “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!” This firmly establishes Jesus as the King of the new Kingdom that has come. All authority on earth and in Heaven has been given to Him. Therefore, we need to listen to Him and do what he says. This is complicated by the fact that He is not physically present. He is sitting at the right hand of God the Father in Heaven advocating for us His Saints, but this is where the Holy Spirit (liquid love poured out on us) comes into play. He is the one who reminds us of what Jesus has said and is saying. He is not the King and He says only what Jesus says, but we are to listen to Him and do what He says. This is where “spiritual intelligence” comes into play, but I will save that for another day.