Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 17, 2021 at 6:13 am

Yes, I believe it is possible to grow to be so full of love (God) that sin looses it hold on me, but I am not sure that I will ever be totally sinless until this corruptible body is replaced with the incorruptible. I believe that sanctification is a life long process.

In my view, being Born Again does not remove our capacity to sin (flesh) it frees us from bondage to sin and eliminates the penalty for our sin. It also means that the Spirit of God lives within in us which gives us power over sin and the means to be transformed and conformed to the image of Christ who was like us, both flesh and spirit, but knew no sin. As our hearts and minds are conformed to the mind of Christ we become filled with love (God is love) and we no longer want to sin and sin looses its hold on us. When we do sin, as David did, we also have remedy. If we confess our sins, “He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteous” (1 John 1:9). Being born again makes all the difference.