Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 21, 2021 at 5:58 am

The gym and physical exercise is a good analogy for spiritual growth. I have learned the hard way that you need physical, spiritual, and mental exercise in order to grow and be healthy. If you neglect one it affects the other. I am at my best when I am physically fit, mentally sharp, and spiritually ready.

The problem is that you have to work at it daily and without pain there is no gain. There are days when you will just not feel like it and it is easy to skip those exercises that pain you the most. JD is right, there is only one answer, just do it wether you feel like it or not.

I am also struck by JD’s comments that if we are not exercising our spiritual muscles by reading the hard words, those muscles will atrophy and not be there when we need them. It is easy to cherry pick what we read and study. I like to read about Grace, mercy, forgiveness, and the love of God, but I also need to read about the truth, judgment and wrath of God in order to be spiritually fit and ready for the hard times. Lord let it be so with me!