Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 22, 2021 at 6:22 am

I came to this realization a long time ago. It is an important crossroad in your spiritual maturity. As I have heard several times in the last week or so, I am not a sinner because I sin, I sin because I am a sinner. I am incapable of becoming righteous and faithful on my own, no matter how hard I try. It’s my nature, I was born that way, but I don’t have to stay that way. Because Jesus is our righteousness and our faithfulness, we can boldly sing, “Judge me, O Lord, by Your true righteousness.” We are not confident in our own righteousness or faithfulness; only in his. What a gift!

Accepting the gift is the challenge. I keep trying to either help Jesus make me righteous or I try to measure up on my own. It doesn’t work that way. It is all about Him and His righteousness that is freely imputed to me, I don’t have to do anything but accept that this is true. I have already been judged and found not guilty. My righteous and faithful behavior flows out of His righteousness and His faithfulness based on the level of my relationship with Him. “I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15:5). So, it’s all about accepting and abiding. Lord let it be so with me!