Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

February 24, 2021 at 5:57 am

As we have discussed many times before, confession is the cure/remedy for sin. The difference between sin and cancer is that we all have the disease, we are born with it. We are all sinners, therefore, we all need to confess our sins and not try to hide our inequities.

I love JD’s definition of confession, “Confession is simple honesty before God that will lead to a life of integrity before others.” Just be honest with God, don’t be stubborn. Confession not only cures sin it cancels shame and guilt. Additionally, in verse 8 we learn that confession provides direction, “I will teach and will instruct you in the way that you should go; I will counsel and watch o’er you, the right path to you I’ll show.” Confession is both humbling and powerful, apply it everyday.

The Jesus prayer, “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner” is a good first step in confession. It is acknowledging who I am and that I am in need of Christ’s mercy. I am not a sinner because I sin, I sin because I am a sinner. The good news is that in Christ, we have a new identity. I am a “Child of God, yes I am.” Praise God!