Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 17, 2021 at 6:09 am

First, if you have never heard the “Breast Plate of St. Patrick” sung, I recommend you listen to it today in honor of St. Patrick’s Day (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJx_Lu4PymE.) The words of the prayer are powerful and pair nicely with today’s reading from Psalms. The first line says, “ I bind unto myself today the strong name of the Trinity by invocation of the same, the Three in One and One in Three.” Faith in the triune God is our shield of faith. “Hear me, O Lord, and answer me; I’m poor and in great need; Come, guard my life; You are my God. Save me! I trust in Thee.”

Faith in God is the only shield that works for me and I use it daily to repel the fiery arrows of Satan (Ephesians 6:16). Satan is constantly trying to deceive me and to cast fear and doubt. In these times, our only defense is our faith in God. For example, Satan says to me often, why do get up so early every morning to listen to God. It is all vanity and blowing in the wind, He is not listening. It is by faith that I keep doing it and my faith has been greatly rewarded. Happy St. Patrick’s Day ☘️!