Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 18, 2021 at 6:14 am

I am not a big fan of Rock Music and I had never heard of the “Queens” before this morning. I definitely prefer the Psalms sung to Hymns over “We are the Champions” sung by a bare chested young man jumping around in black and white tights. However, I can clearly see the parallel between the two. The message is the same, we are the Champions of the world; it won’t be easy, but we will stay in the fight because our God who is greater than all others wins in the end.

I also really resonate with the quote, “Hope is the ability to hear the music of the future. Faith is having the courage to dance to it today.” What we need today is not only hope, but faith and courage. We need the people of faith to wake up and rise up and proclaim the coming of the day of the Lord!

I think I know the difference between helpful resistance from a friend and outright opposition from an enemy. What we have today is outright opposition to God and His Word, Ways, and Will. Those who oppose, disrespect, and no longer fear our God are our enemies, but remember what Jesus said we are to do for our enemies and those who persecute us. We are to pray for them; forgive them 7 times 70; and not lash out at them or seek vengeance. All these Psalms of lament teach us to call on the Lord to administer justice. That’s a hard thing for me to do, but I am trying. Lord help me!