Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 19, 2021 at 6:25 am

If I am totally honest, I would have to say that I have never really experienced the familiar saying from today’s reflection, “You will never know that God is all you need until you know he’s all you have.” I have never really been without everything or had a close friend turn on me like Judas did to Jesus. I have never been pursued like David by the rulers of the land seeking to kill me. I have never been thrown in the Lions Den like Daniel because I would not bow to another God.

I have come close a few times, like when my first love died suddenly, but even on that terrible night, I had family and friends surrounding me with love and provision. I have read about people like the Jews during the Holocaust. I have seen people in other countries, like Africa, that had literally nothing but their faith God. Their knowledge and dependence on God was palpable.

So where does that leave me? JD provides the answer, “As these days of Lent process us to Jerusalem, the way of lament keeps taking us further and further into descent. And yes, bad as this present situation is, it will get worse before it gets better.” But our great worship leader, Jesus, shows us what it looks like to sing our way through.” Even though I have not experienced it yet, Jesus provides me an example for how I can prepare myself for that day, which I believe is coming soon. I just need to get to know Him better before I need Him. Then I will understand that He is all I really need to know. Lord let it be so with me!