Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 22, 2021 at 6:12 am

The answer to JD’s question is yes, I will allow this psalm to lead me into the drama of our great history; the story of this tortured city, Jerusalem. I have stood within the gates of this ancient, cosmic place of God’s mysterious working and marveled at it’s significance for my relationship with God. We Christians, especially Gentile Christians, often forget as Paul warned, that we are but wild branches grafted into the root of Israel. Jerusalem is our Holy City not Rome and we are steadily marching to Zion! This is where Christ will return and we will reign there with Him in the New Jerusalem for eternity.

So what does this mean for us as Christ Followers today living in the Western World? First, it means that we realize that the Jews are still God’s chosen people and that Jesus was a Jew. Anti-Semitism has no place in our rhetoric or thinking. Secondly, the Church did not replace Israel or Jerusalem. Replacement Theology and the division between Jews and Christians is one of the greatest impediments to the mission of the Church. Finally, Those who bless Israel will be blessed and those who curse Israel will be cursed (Genesis 12:3). Therefore, may we all proclaim, “May peace within you reign.” And for the sake of the house of the Lord, I will seek your prosperity and good, O bless’d Jerusalem, of all adored.”