Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 23, 2021 at 5:47 am

I guess that I have already released, forgiven, and for the most part forgotten my past betrayers because I am having a hard time remembering the Judas’s in my life. Either that or I am just getting old 😊. There have been many times that people have disappointed me, but I learned to expect that a long time ago. I cling to God’s promises like verses 22&23, “Cast your cares upon the Lord; He’ll sustain you when you call. He will ever keep His word, Never let the righteous fall. But God, You will act always to bring wicked ones their due; They won’t live out half their days, As for me, I trust in You.”

For me, It is not about past betrayal or past betrayers that I need to learn from Jesus how to handle. I have already let go of them. It is my current betrayers. Your situation may be different from mine, but the biggest betrayers and the greatest betrayal I face today is my church and my country. My country and my church are divided over things that I never would have imagined when I started my journey with Christ. When half of the people in my church and my country vote to support values and policies that are diametrically opposed to what I believe are God’s commandments and Will for us, I feel betrayed. As we journey to Gethsemane and the Cross of Golgotha, I will be watching to see how my Lord, my Rabbi handles this kind of betrayal. What about you?