Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 25, 2021 at 6:39 am

We are all subject to the Law of Sin and death because we are born into it. We inherited it from Adam. Therefore, we are all sinners through no fault of our own from the day we are born. We are actually born dead in our trespasses (Ephesians 2:1). We can all know the life giving Law of the Spirit, but we must be reborn (John 3:1-15). JD rightly says, “Just as it is that by no fault of our own we were born into the law of sin and death, so it is that by no act of our own we can be born into the lifegiving law of the Spirit.”

So if it is by no act of my own that we are born again, how do I know if I have discovered the life giving Law of the Spirit? How do I know if I am born again? Early in my walk with Christ, I use to struggle with this by looking for a sign or some concrete evidence like speaking in tongues or not sinning anymore. Then one of my Sunday School students said, David the evidence of your new life in the Spirit is that you are struggling, those that are not born again don’t struggle because the Spirit of God (Christ) does not live within them and they are dead.

Jesus explained it to Nicodemus in John 3:15, “so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.” If you believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and His Gospel, you are Born Again and you have discovered the life giving Law of the Spirit. So if you are struggling this morning with sin or some Fruit of the Spirit in your life, rejoice in the fact that you are Born Again! Believe and repent (struggle) and He will in the fullness of time cleanse you of all unrighteous through no act of your own. I welcome your thoughts if you have a different perspective.