Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 26, 2021 at 6:11 am

I think JD is probably right, I find myself praying a lot for safety, especially during this pandemic. I ask God to “put a hedge of protection around my family and friends” and for “traveling mercies.” If I understand it, the point of this Psalm from JD’s perspective is that we should boldly declare God’s protection and move on to more important matters and just trust in the Lord.

I get what he is saying. I am all for boldly declaring how mighty is our God! I am all for praying for people to wake up and get to know Him before they need Him; for healing the poor, the sick, and the oppressed. I also pray for the righting of all the injustices in the world, but declaring or praying for something does not make it so or does it?

The key for me is JD’s statement that, “Faith requires a comprehension beyond mere knowledge of truth. Faith is far more about seeing a vision than possessing knowledge.” The truth is that we or others we pray for may get hurt or sick even if we declare their safety. We live in a broken world where bad stuff happens to good people and the rain falls on the just and the unjust alike. The vision is of a world where that does not happen. A world where God reigns and the rule of the wicked will not stand; where those who are evil will be punished; and the righteous will live in peace. We don’t live in that world now, but we can boldly declare the vision!