Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 27, 2021 at 6:43 am

As I read Psalm 110, it is about Jesus and His Lordship and how God the Father will reward Him for enduring the Cross. We are depicted as Jesus’s warriors “3 Your troops will be willing on your battle day; They will be majestic in holy array. From dawn’s early womb, they will serve you in truth, They’ll be like the dew in the prime of their youth.” That sounds pretty good to me! The reference to Hebrews 12:2 suggest that we are to run the “race set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.” The race set before us is the season in which we are living.

JD’ question “Is the season in which you are living coinciding with the season of Lent?” Inquiries as to wether we are running the race set before us with Jesus or not. This is where our story collides with His story. The season of Lent is a time of remembering that we are on a journey together with Jesus headed to the same destination and end. That’s why He said, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me” (NLT). So the real question is are you a faithful Christ Follower? Lord let it be so with me!