Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 29, 2021 at 5:35 am

I am not so sure that I would go’s as far as JD to call this “Hell Week,” but it is probably a “misnomer” to call Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem on Sunday, the first Day of Holy Week, a “Triumphant” entry. The Jews in the crowd and even the Disciples thought their King, the Messiah, was coming to overthrow the Romans and deliver them from their dire circumstances. They missed the fact that He came to save their souls. They would soon turn on Him and the events of that week (Palm Sunday through Black Saturday) were everything but triumphant and all Hell did breakout. The Triumph occurred on Sunday morning, the first day of a new week, what we Christians call “The Lord’s Day.” I prefer the term “Holy Love” and the “Passion of Christ” to describe this most important week in all of humankind. Don’t miss it!

Am I growing? The answer is yes. Every year that passes I am growing in my understanding and appreciation for what really happened that week. The real question is what am I doing about it? Most of us will attend an Easter Sunday service or maybe even a few Holy Week services or events this week. We will have an Easter dinner on Sunday and if we have kids we will do Easter Baskets and Easter Egg hunts. Then on Monday we will go back to our normal routine whatever that is.

There is nothing wrong with any of this, but it misses the point of Easter. Holy Week is an important time of remembering, but what happens after Easter defines our purpose, our reason for being. This year, I am focusing more on the post resurrection appearances and the words of Jesus prior to His accession, what the Seedbed Calendar calls “Eastertide.” I look forward to continuing this journey with you.