Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

March 31, 2021 at 6:07 am

First, I encourage you to read verses 9-16 of Psalm 31 that were not included in today’s reading. There are some gems in these skipped verses, especially for those times when you feel your life has been nothing but vanity and blowing in the wind. Reading through the Psalms helps us live through the present with an eye on the future. They build our courage and prepare our soul to face tomorrow. Verse 24 says it all for me, “Be strong and let your heart take courage, All you who hope in the Lord.”

JD’s closing challenge, “Can you press past the need to feel spiritual in working through these psalms? and “Sometimes we must give up the need for warm fuzzies if we are to press on to deeper depths of faith” are intriguing and a bit confusing to me. What does he mean by press pass the need to feel spiritual and give up the need for warm fuzzies in order to grow deeper in faith? The only thing that I can come up with is that deep faith is more than an emotional superficial response. It is more than chasing spiritual highs or searching for warm fuzzies. Deep faith is strongly rooted in our core beliefs that are not shaken by our current circumstances no matter how dire. Our hope and trust is in the Lord alone! What do you think?