Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 13, 2021 at 6:17 am

I can see the distinction between being an intermediary and an Intercessor. I am willing to be an intercessor, but I am not sure what that looks like in practice. If it is one who goes into their prayer closet and prays for hours bringing the cares and concerns of others to God, then I am not doing that. I am cautious about telling people, that I will pray for them. If someone asks me to pray, I try to do it right then. When I pray for others, I let God place them on my heart and bring them to my attention. I then try to consciously focus on their point of need and I ask God to intercede in specific ways.

I think that fits JD’s definition, “An intercessor understands their work as standing with God for you. When I stand with God for you, I begin to share in the burden of the love God has for you. I’m not just passing on a request as the middleman. When I intercede for you, my concern for you becomes infused with God’s concern for you.” My prayers are definitely born out of my concern for you and I am asking God to act in the situation, but is that enough? Sometimes when I pray for others, I get the sense that God is telling me to act. I call this putting feet on my prayers. I don’t always do that, but I try to be open to it.