Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 14, 2021 at 5:39 am

If I am totally honest, I have to confess that my life is not completely hidden in Christ. As an off the chart control freak, I live a good bit of my life trying to be in control. I am striving to make Christ the center of my life and to make my life all about Him, but I am not there yet. What about you?

Do I really believe to die is gain, you bet I do! Every time I listen to the daily news, I am ready to get on the first bus out of here. I also think JD makes a really good point when he says, “let’s be clear: Paul is not all about going to heaven when he dies. As we will see, his ultimate hope is for the resurrection of the body and the new creation, which far from somewhere up there, is decidedly down here.” Heaven is great, but I am really looking forward to the millennial reign of Christ on Earth as it is in heaven; we will rule with Him; and every knee will bow and every tongue will confess Him as Lord of All.

Why do I want to remain alive? Well there are a few more fish I want to catch, both the ones that swim in the sea and the ones that walk on the earth. I also want to enjoy my retirement and see my grandkids grow up, but my reason for living is to serve Him. My core purpose is to make and grow disciples. To help people wake up and get to know Him better before they need Him. So let it be written, so let it be done.