Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 16, 2021 at 6:17 am

The believing, becoming framework works for me. I actually prefer the believing, belonging, and blessing framework that I referenced in yesterday’s reflection. Our journey to become or be is not a solo journey. We need the fellowship, prayers, and counsel of other believers. The becoming or being like Christ for the sake of others is accomplished through relationships and belonging to Christ and other Christ Followers in the context of a local community of Faith (church) is an essential part of discipleship.

The word suffering strikes fear in us because we focus on the worldly view of suffering. The Biblical view as JD points out is quite beautiful and makes it well worth any sacrifice we have to make. We show our love for God and glorify Him when we “lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters” (1 John 3:16). We need not fear suffering because when we die with Christ, we are resurrected with Christ.

I am always open to a new chapter and leaning forward to what’s next in my relationship with Jesus and others. As we will see later, Paul says, “Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:13-14). What’s next for you?