Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 25, 2021 at 6:17 am

Sin lost it’s power on the Cross and we were saved from the wages of sin, which is death, once and for all. If you believe that in your heart and confess it with your mouth, you are saved (Romans 10:9). Sin has power in our lives only because we allow it. We have not fully surrendered to the power of the Holy Spirit (the Mind of Christ) that now lives in us to cleanse us of all unrighteousness.

This is where “continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling” comes into play. As JD says, “This means we must learn to act as if we have received it.” As Jesus says, we must learn to “repent and believe in the Gospel” (Mark 1:15).

I think the key to that is to learn to listen to the Holy Spirit. I can testify to the fact that if He is living in you and you listen to Him, He will gently (sometimes with me not so gently) make you aware of what you need to change. The remedy for that is not self improvement or will power, it is confession and the Holy Spirit’s power to transform you. God saved you for a purpose and God will cleanse you of all sin in order to fulfill His purposes in and through you, if you will repent and confess your sin (1 John 1:9). The power we have over sin is appropriated through repentance and confession. Lord let it be so with me!