Home Forums My Family Band Discussion Reply To: My Family Band Discussion

• David

April 26, 2021 at 5:59 am

First, if you are trying to access today’s Daily Text through the App, it has not been posted as of this hour. I encourage you to signup for the email version at Seedbed.com. You won’t be able to share your comments or reflections with our group, except through the App, but you can read the Daily Text.

Well JD has thrown down the gauntlet and revealed his real motivation for the Daily Text. “The Christian life is about recovering the image of God in our every day lives. This process takes the Word of God, the Spirit of God and the People of God. It will not happen in isolation as a fruit of our cloistered quiet times.” His “Holy Ambition” is to get you to band together in a Discipleship Band that functions like an AA or Celebrate Recovery group. I describe these Bands as a small (3-4), usually gender specific groups; that meet weekly to study the Word of God; to open themselves to the transforming power of the Holy Spirit; and to submit themselves to being held accountable. You can read more about Discipleship Bands at Seedbed.com and you can access the Five accountability questions at the bottom of the App page by clicking on the icon with the number 5.

I also encourage you to join a Discipleship Band to help you “work out your salvation with fear and trembling.” If you want to grow deeper in your faith and live into today’s Daily Text, so that you shine like a star in the darkness, this may be the next step for you and I will be glad to help you get started.